Signalgrün Ascona -75

• A few pictures of an Ascona that I'm restoring.
    Sunroof is original.

Will strip it down completely to fix all the rust and then paint it.
    Motor will be a 2.0 with Weber 32/36 and 4-speed gearbox.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mikko ()

• Beautiful Color 8) . Do you want to restore the Ascona in original shape (without enigine and gearbox) or do you want to tune it up a little bit?

I hope you can understand my english :nd: ?

@ Yogi
    :up:

• It will look original. I think they look best in original shape.

Yes, the color is 8)

• Welcome Mikko

Nice to see a poison green coloured Ascona A in the hometown of Volvo and Saab...

How did you get the Ascona?? Did he always run in your homecountry?? And with your colour you'll get one of the biggest friends from Björnieboy Teufelsrochen....which means "Devilsray!" What about your engine? You want a 2.0 with Double Carburators?? Then you need more than a 36 Weber....it is too small. I think a 45 Weber is the "must have" for this engine.

Nice greetings from Germany

Michael

• Hello Mikko. One of my favorite colors. :up: looks very good. Have fun with the ascona. Regards, Stefan :wink:

• Thank you.

The Ascona was sold new here in Sweden.
    The last 2 or 3 years it has been standing outside without anyone taking care of it so I contacted the owner and bought it.

About the engine, just to begin with I will use a standard 2.0 from a Rekord E1 and replace the original carburator with ONE 36/36.
    Later I will probably build another engine with 2 Weber 45.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Mikko,

nice car, nice color. Are you sure, that this is an original painting?
    Have fun with stripping an Ascona :wink:

Where in Sweden do you come from? I´ve been a couple of times in Jönköping and Tranas.

• Hi

It has been repainted once but in original color.
    Same color under the dashboard so I'm pretty sure it really is Signalgrün.

I live outside a small town called Köping. About 300km north of Jönköping.

• Does anyone know if this Ascona is a Holiday?

I have: sunroof, neckrests, foglight switch, electric heated back window and 80ps. (All other Ascona -75 I know of have only 75ps.)

• :up: Nice colour!

Opel Rekord D und E - 1972-1986

... und zwei Ascona A (1972, 1975) für die Freundschaft

ALLTAG: 76er D Rekord 19N mit KAT :], sowie 91er Senator B 2.6i, 99er Vectra B 2.0 16V (5-Gang) und Meriva A 1.8 (2008, Gas, 5 Gans-Automatic) 07er-Zombie =O: Ascona A 16 Plus (1972), - Rest auf Anfrage :P

• Long time since I updated this thread but here are some pictures of what the car looks like now.
    Engine is installed and it has been painted inside, off course in Signalgrün.

And a picture of my other car, an unrestored Kadett Coupé -75.

• i have never been to sweden but i always imagine it with much snow and ice. nevertheless you have a lot of rustfree cars. how is that possible?

Als Kind lernt man das Laufen und als Erwachsener, nach dem Hinfallen wieder aufzustehen.

• nevertheless you have a lot of rustfree cars. how is that possible?

They are hard to find these days but I guess we have a lot of old people that only use their cars during summer.
    And cars that come from the northern parts of Sweden are usually in better condition then cars from the southern parts.